top of page
Purpose of this Notice
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act (1998 or 2018) and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (Data Protection Legislation).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Allwoods Automotive supply motor vehicle parts and accessories to Trade and Retail Customers.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice we are the `data controller`. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
We, as the data controller, can be contacted by Email to: GDPR@allwoods-automotive.co.uk or at the postal address as shown at the header or by visiting www.allwoods-automotive.co.uk to view this Privacy Notice.
How we may collect your Personal Data
We may obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
• When you request us to provide services to you, for example, by opening a monthly, weekly or cash account.
• When we employ you.
• When you contact us by Email, telephone, post (or social media) for example, when you have a query about your employment with us or the services that we provide you with or
• From 3rd parties and/or publicly available resources (for example, from your previous employer or from Companies House).
The kind of information we hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
Your personal details such as your name, address, gender, D.O.B., place of work, your wage, working hours, place of work, job role, telephone number, Email address, next of kin, N.I. number, bank account details, driving license number, start date, passport, birth certificate, cv.
Your name, your position in the your Company, Company name, type of business, trade references, home address, business address, telephone numbers, Email address, bank account details, trading history, trade references, type of business such as Partnership, Ltd Company, sole trader/proprietor.
• Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision or the proposed provision of our services.
• Details of any services you have had from us.
• Our correspondence and communications with us.
• Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us.
• Information for research, surveys and marketing activities.
• Information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information, information provided by you as part of your employment or as a customer.
How we use personal data we hold about you.
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you OR our customers and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our business. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent and in these limited circumstances, where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data, then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Situations in which we will use your personal data.
We may use your personal data in order to:
• carry-out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us as your employer OR you as our customers.
• seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide; and
• notify you about any changes to our services.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contractual OR services we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where I am legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data we take into consideration:
• the requirements of our business and the services provided;
• any statutory or legal obligations;
• the purpose for which we originally collected the personal data;
• the lawful grounds for which we based our processing;
• the types of personal data we have collected;
• the amount and categories of your personal data; and
• whether the purposes of the processing could be reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose.
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We will share your personal data with 3rd parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We may share your personal data with other 3rd parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Transferring Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will not transfer the personal data I collect about you outside of the EEA.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contactors and other 3rd parties who have business to know it. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction.
Your duty to inform us of changes.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please Email us at GDPR@allwoods-automotive.co.uk.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent:
Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example in relation to your employment with us or in order to conduct business with us) You have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent please Email us at GDPR@allwoods-automotive.co.uk.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Withdrawing your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to employ you or conduct business with you.
Changes to this Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at www.allwoods-automotive.co.uk.
This privacy notice was last updated on 4th September 2023.
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01636 647966.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioners Office
Tel - 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Document revision control:
Rev `A`: 04.09.23: Posted to www.allwoods-automotive.co.uk. Issued to data controller, Alysonb@allwoods-automotive.co.uk. Made reference to on all sales invoices and weekly, monthly statements. Saved to file.
bottom of page